R2 Solutions Sets Quality Assurance Policies
R2 Solutions has released new policies intended to assure the quality of its certified recyclers’ and auditors’ performance.
The nonprofit that oversees the R2 Standard for recyclers developed the R2 Quality Plan with input from electronics recyclers and refurbishers, original equipment manufacturers, certification body representatives, auditors, consultants, the EPA and state environmental agencies.
R2 solutions says the purpose of the R2 Quality Plan is:
- to improve the value of the R2 Standard to recyclers worldwide through the development of educational resources;
- to help recyclers and auditors better understand the R2 requirements and expectations;
- to raise the integrity of the Standard through monitoring processes; and
- to identify and remove any bad performers from the R2 program.
The plan identifies specific tools and resources that will be developed and made available to R2 certified facilities, certification bodies and auditors in the coming months. This includes an implementation guide to help recyclers develop their systems for conforming to R2:2013.
The Quality Plan also calls for more guidance on how refurbishers and recyclers can identify acceptable downstream vendors, track Focus Materials, and avoid and correct common non-conformances.
Other elements of the Quality Plan focus on training for auditors and certifying bodies, for example, in the areas of legal requirements and the tracking of Focus Materials. Random “check-in” audits, a hotline to report non-conformances, and procedures for evaluating and removing bad performers (facilities and auditors) are also discussed in the Quality Plan and will play a significant role in upholding and strengthening the integrity of the R2 Standard.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling