Schneider Launches Mine Supply Chain Program
Energy management specialist Schneider Electric has launched its Integrated Planning and Optimization Solution. The company says the product is designed to provide mining companies with an integrated software solution that manages their entire mining operation from resource to market and can increase productivity by up to 20 percent by finding operational efficiencies.
The product enables mining companies to optimize plans and schedules, identify risks and deviations, pinpoint inefficiency, and present the right information to the right people at the right time.
IPOS allow mining companies to collect, integrate and analyze information across their production environments to gain a comprehensive view of their operations and address the challenges of siloed data and inaccurate and untimely information.
The product enables data to be leveraged to model the supply chain — including mines, processing plants, stockpiles, transport routes and port movements — to predict how each entity in the value chain will operate. It lets companies view their supply chains both as discrete components and as a single system that operates according to unified objectives and metrics. Integrated Planning and Optimization Solution uses data analysis of contextual process information to improve predictive maintenance and identify and resolve bottlenecks, Schneider says.
IPOS utilizes Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare for Mining, Minerals, and Metals software, a scalable platform that includes energy management and asset performance modules.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark