Schneider Launches Mine Supply Chain Program
Energy management specialist Schneider Electric has launched its Integrated Planning and Optimization Solution. The company says the product is designed to provide mining companies with an integrated software solution that manages their entire mining operation from resource to market and can increase productivity by up to 20 percent by finding operational efficiencies.
The product enables mining companies to optimize plans and schedules, identify risks and deviations, pinpoint inefficiency, and present the right information to the right people at the right time.
IPOS allow mining companies to collect, integrate and analyze information across their production environments to gain a comprehensive view of their operations and address the challenges of siloed data and inaccurate and untimely information.
The product enables data to be leveraged to model the supply chain — including mines, processing plants, stockpiles, transport routes and port movements — to predict how each entity in the value chain will operate. It lets companies view their supply chains both as discrete components and as a single system that operates according to unified objectives and metrics. Integrated Planning and Optimization Solution uses data analysis of contextual process information to improve predictive maintenance and identify and resolve bottlenecks, Schneider says.
IPOS utilizes Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare for Mining, Minerals, and Metals software, a scalable platform that includes energy management and asset performance modules.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy