Eco-Agrochemical Wins Frost & Sullivan Award
Clariant’s EcoTain products are designed to address strict regulatory requirements, as well as customer demand for safer and more eco-friendly products in the agrochemical industry. The hazard-free materials ensure minimum impact on the environment, reduce energy consumption by up to 30 percent and safeguard the health of workers and end users, Frost & Sullivan says.
“The primary objective of the EcoTain concept is to address the growing environmental concerns of consumers and promote social, environmental and ecological well-being,” said Deepan Kannan, industry analyst at Frost & Sullivan. “The label offers a line of adjuvants, dispersing agents and emulsifiers that have been developed using sustainable design, manufacturing and integration processes, leading to improved yield efficiency as well as crop safety.”
The products are developed using the EcoTain four-stage life-cycle, which comprises sustainable design, responsible process, safe and efficient use, and eco integration. In the first stage, Clariant uses renewable, eco-friendly and safe materials. In the second stage, it employs sustainable processes and minimizes waste generation during production. In the third stage, it ensures that its products are not skin or eye irritating, deliver improved formulation efficiency and require minimum handling efforts. In the final stage, Clariant confirms that after disposal, its products leave behind a very small footprint.
Clariant has also launched the EcoTain product line for applications in other markets such as paints and industrial applications.
Last month Clariant joined Together for Sustainability, an organization seeking to improve sustainability practices within the supply chains of the chemical industry.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment