Measure Supply Chain Carbon Footprint in 72 Hours
Ecodesk today launched KickStart, a sustainability program designed to help businesses and organizations implement supply chain sustainability initiatives for the first time.
The cloud-based program can help public and private SMEs measure their entire supply chain for carbon emissions in just 72 hours, Ecodesk says.
KickStart also provides each organization with an analysis of supplier and product category impacts based initially on 100 product categories (see image).
By analyzing an extract of a purchase ledger, Ecodesk says it can provide a carbon footprint of an entire supply chain by mapping purchase ledger data with leading Economic Input/Output (EIO) database CEDA, which has provided scope 3 emission data for global companies and government agencies including Coca-Cola Enterprises and the EPA.
Ecodesk CEO Mark Plant says his company wants to make it easier for businesses that need to understand their supply chain impacts but are daunted by the task and don’t know where to start.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor