Measure Supply Chain Carbon Footprint in 72 Hours
Ecodesk today launched KickStart, a sustainability program designed to help businesses and organizations implement supply chain sustainability initiatives for the first time.
The cloud-based program can help public and private SMEs measure their entire supply chain for carbon emissions in just 72 hours, Ecodesk says.
KickStart also provides each organization with an analysis of supplier and product category impacts based initially on 100 product categories (see image).
By analyzing an extract of a purchase ledger, Ecodesk says it can provide a carbon footprint of an entire supply chain by mapping purchase ledger data with leading Economic Input/Output (EIO) database CEDA, which has provided scope 3 emission data for global companies and government agencies including Coca-Cola Enterprises and the EPA.
Ecodesk CEO Mark Plant says his company wants to make it easier for businesses that need to understand their supply chain impacts but are daunted by the task and don’t know where to start.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls