WRI Tool Shows ‘History of CO2 Emissions’
WRI’s Climate Analysis Indicators Tool (CAIT), which allows users to access, visualize, and compare greenhouse gas emissions data from 186 countries and 50 US states, now shows carbon emissions by country from the Industrial Revolution to 2011. The data shows global CO2 emissions were 150 times higher in 2011 than they were in 1850, writes WRI data expert Johannes Friedrich in a blog post titled “The History of Carbon Dioxide Emissions.”
In November, WRI updated CAIT and said the latest version allows visitors to more easily select and sort data by country, sector or type of gas, and is more readily usable on a range of mobile devices such as iPads and other large tablets.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment