Danone Extends Sustainable Palm Oil Pledge
Danone has committed to sourcing traceable palm oil with no links to deforestation, setting a goal to map its palm oil supply chain by the end of next year.
Danone will work with The Forest Trust (TFT) to ensure its palm oil is deforestation and exploitation — of workers and the environment — free, the nonprofit organization says.
The company says it’s on track to buy 100 percent segregated oil certified to Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) standards by the end of the year but wants to push beyond RSPO standards to ensure that its suppliers’ practices safeguard other vulnerable ecosystems, in addition to old-growth forests, such as tropical peatland and second-growth forests.
TFT says mapping will give Danone an accurate picture of any changes suppliers need to implement to reach its goal.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion