Toolkit Helps Firms Launch Waste Management Programs
To help regional businesses reduce their demand for landfill disposal and identify cost savings opportunities, the Greater Cincinnati Green Business Council (GCGBC) has released a free waste management toolkit.
The toolkit will help businesses meet and exceed the region’s goal — to reduce waste sent to landfill by 33 percent by 2020 — says Lisa O’Brien, co-author of the toolkit and director of environmental affairs, US Bank.
The Waste Management Strategy Toolkit provides a strategic plan to help business owners assess their current waste consumption patterns and prioritize opportunities based on what is right for their business. The toolkit also provides tools and resources to help businesses get started. Toolkit topics include recycling, sustainable purchasing, composting, hazardous waste, and even an introduction to the concept of zero waste.
In addition to the Waste Management Strategy Toolkit, the Green Business Council has developed the Workplace Composting Toolkit and the Building Energy Benchmarking Toolkit as resources to help Greater Cincinnati businesses become more sustainable.
In April, food manufacturers, retailers and foodservice operators launched a toolkit aimed at reducing food waste. The Best Practices and Emerging Solutions Toolkit was released by the Food Waste Reduction Alliance, a cross-sector industry initiative led by the Food Marketing Institute, the Grocery Manufacturers Association and the National Restaurant Association.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor