Monsanto Selects Locus’ Sustainability Management Software
Monsanto has adopted the Global Reporting Initiative framework to measure and report on its sustainability efforts. As a member of the GRI G4 Pioneers program Monsanto is using Locus’ data collection process to enable the transition to the new GRI G4 platform.
Monsanto site personnel are now able to enter GRI Indicator data by site, and produce reports for their sites, Locus says. Corporate personnel are able to produce reports of data aggregated across the entire organization for use in preparing and automating their GRI Reporting.
Both Monsanto and Locus are GRI Organizational Stakeholders — GRI’s core supporters.
Last month, Monsanto pledged to work to increase water-use efficiency in irrigation across its own global seed production operations by 25 percent by 2020. While overall water use will vary due to the weather, Monsanto estimates that these conservation efforts alone will result in saving between 30 billion and 80 billion gallons of water annually.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store