Monsanto Selects Locus’ Sustainability Management Software
Monsanto has adopted the Global Reporting Initiative framework to measure and report on its sustainability efforts. As a member of the GRI G4 Pioneers program Monsanto is using Locus’ data collection process to enable the transition to the new GRI G4 platform.
Monsanto site personnel are now able to enter GRI Indicator data by site, and produce reports for their sites, Locus says. Corporate personnel are able to produce reports of data aggregated across the entire organization for use in preparing and automating their GRI Reporting.
Both Monsanto and Locus are GRI Organizational Stakeholders — GRI’s core supporters.
Last month, Monsanto pledged to work to increase water-use efficiency in irrigation across its own global seed production operations by 25 percent by 2020. While overall water use will vary due to the weather, Monsanto estimates that these conservation efforts alone will result in saving between 30 billion and 80 billion gallons of water annually.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management