Monsanto Selects Locus’ Sustainability Management Software
Monsanto has adopted the Global Reporting Initiative framework to measure and report on its sustainability efforts. As a member of the GRI G4 Pioneers program Monsanto is using Locus’ data collection process to enable the transition to the new GRI G4 platform.
Monsanto site personnel are now able to enter GRI Indicator data by site, and produce reports for their sites, Locus says. Corporate personnel are able to produce reports of data aggregated across the entire organization for use in preparing and automating their GRI Reporting.
Both Monsanto and Locus are GRI Organizational Stakeholders — GRI’s core supporters.
Last month, Monsanto pledged to work to increase water-use efficiency in irrigation across its own global seed production operations by 25 percent by 2020. While overall water use will vary due to the weather, Monsanto estimates that these conservation efforts alone will result in saving between 30 billion and 80 billion gallons of water annually.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra