Tesla Tops AAA’s Green Car Guide
This year’s AAA Green Car Guide reviewed 83 hybrids, electric cars, CNG-powered cars, clean diesels and partial zero emissions vehicles. The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center (ARC) conducted the annual study, testing and evaluating green cars on the basis of 13 categories including emissions, fuel economy, acceleration and handling.
In other green car rankings, Hyundai-Kia wins the title of “greenest automaker,” unseating Honda, which came in second, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists’ (UCS) latest Automaker Rankings report published last week. And according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy’s (ACEEE) annual vehicle environmental ratings, Mercedes-Benz’s Smart ForTwo Electric Drive convertible coupe is the greenest vehicle of 2014 while the Ram 2500 truck is the “meanest,” or least environmentally friendly.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike