Tesla Tops AAA’s Green Car Guide
This year’s AAA Green Car Guide reviewed 83 hybrids, electric cars, CNG-powered cars, clean diesels and partial zero emissions vehicles. The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center (ARC) conducted the annual study, testing and evaluating green cars on the basis of 13 categories including emissions, fuel economy, acceleration and handling.
In other green car rankings, Hyundai-Kia wins the title of “greenest automaker,” unseating Honda, which came in second, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists’ (UCS) latest Automaker Rankings report published last week. And according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy’s (ACEEE) annual vehicle environmental ratings, Mercedes-Benz’s Smart ForTwo Electric Drive convertible coupe is the greenest vehicle of 2014 while the Ram 2500 truck is the “meanest,” or least environmentally friendly.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018