Tesla Tops AAA’s Green Car Guide
This year’s AAA Green Car Guide reviewed 83 hybrids, electric cars, CNG-powered cars, clean diesels and partial zero emissions vehicles. The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center (ARC) conducted the annual study, testing and evaluating green cars on the basis of 13 categories including emissions, fuel economy, acceleration and handling.
In other green car rankings, Hyundai-Kia wins the title of “greenest automaker,” unseating Honda, which came in second, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists’ (UCS) latest Automaker Rankings report published last week. And according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy’s (ACEEE) annual vehicle environmental ratings, Mercedes-Benz’s Smart ForTwo Electric Drive convertible coupe is the greenest vehicle of 2014 while the Ram 2500 truck is the “meanest,” or least environmentally friendly.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Citibank: How Investments in Clean Energy Can Save Trillions
- Johnson Controls Expands at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart
- Florida, Missouri Take Steps in Favor of PACE Financing
- DoE: Big Detroit LED Project is About Two-Thirds Done
- IEMS Revenue to Reach $35.6B by 2024
- Geothermal School Project in West Aurora, IL
- Tinker AFB Exceeds Power Reduction Goals
- New Biomass Bed Material Increases Efficiency, Cuts Costs