LNG America, Liquiline Expand Marine LNG Services
LNG America and Liquiline have agreed to jointly develop commercial offerings for liquified natural gas (LNG) marine fuel markets in the North American Pacific Northwest and the transport of LNG in ISO containers to remote markets in Hawaii and Alaska.
Together, the joint effort will focus on the movement of LNG over long distance by ISO containers being moved by ship and the servicing of local markets by way of LNG bunker/shuttle vessels.
Liquiline has pioneered the use of LNG ISO containers for LNG fuel markets in Northern Europe. LNG America is developing LNG distribution networks including America’s first Jones Act LNG bunker/shuttle vessels.
Under the agreement, Liquiline and LNG America will jointly develop specific proposals for prospective LNG customers in Hawaii and Alaska as well as marine fuel markets in the ports of Seattle and Tacoma.
Regulations on engine emissions coupled with relatively low natural gas prices are leading commercial maritime firms including Harvey Gulf International Marine and Sea Star Line to power their fleets using liquified natural gas.
New Orleans-based Harvey Gulf has ordered six new boats that can run on either LNG or diesel while Sea Star Line is planning to put two LNG-powered container ships into operation between Puerto Rico and Florida by 2015. Harvey Gulf expects about 50 percent fuel savings form the switch.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight