‘LEED for Garage Parking’ Launched
The Green Parking Council (GPC), an affiliate of the International Parking Institute (IPI), has launched the Green Garage Certification program.
The program is the parking industry equivalent of the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification, and recognizes and inspires high standards in sustainable parking facility design, technology, operations and management.
GPC executive director Paul Wessel says the certification program provides both a roadmap and assessment tool for real estate owners, developers, planners, architects, tenants, parking operators and others.
According to Wessel, Green Garage Certification is a consensus-driven program developed over several years and honed by external reviewers and a beta phase, which included more than 40 facilities in the US and Canada.
Those interested in pursuing Green Garage Certification can view case studies and download Green Garage Certification at a Glance, along with a free Program Guide, which includes application procedures, program requirements, and a breakdown of criteria by certification level, at greenparkingcouncil.org/certification.
The IPI is also a member of the DOE’s Workplace Charging Challenge, an effort to increase the number of US employers offering electric vehicle charging tenfold in the next five years.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016