‘LEED for Garage Parking’ Launched
The Green Parking Council (GPC), an affiliate of the International Parking Institute (IPI), has launched the Green Garage Certification program.
The program is the parking industry equivalent of the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification, and recognizes and inspires high standards in sustainable parking facility design, technology, operations and management.
GPC executive director Paul Wessel says the certification program provides both a roadmap and assessment tool for real estate owners, developers, planners, architects, tenants, parking operators and others.
According to Wessel, Green Garage Certification is a consensus-driven program developed over several years and honed by external reviewers and a beta phase, which included more than 40 facilities in the US and Canada.
Those interested in pursuing Green Garage Certification can view case studies and download Green Garage Certification at a Glance, along with a free Program Guide, which includes application procedures, program requirements, and a breakdown of criteria by certification level, at greenparkingcouncil.org/certification.
The IPI is also a member of the DOE’s Workplace Charging Challenge, an effort to increase the number of US employers offering electric vehicle charging tenfold in the next five years.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B