The California Cap and Trade Program: An In Depth Look at How the Carbon Market Works and What You Need to Know to Craft Your Compliance Strategy
Watch ICIS and Environmental Leader in this on-demand, one-hour carbon market webinar.
As part of California’s Assembly Bill 32, the California cap-and-trade program seeks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels. By placing a hard cap on emissions and setting up a market based mechanism, California has placed a price on carbon emissions covered by the program. These sectors include power producers, industrials, and fuel distributors.
The California Air Resources Board has instituted several market instruments to help companies manage their carbon compliance obligations. Companies covered by the cap-and-trade program must purchase California Carbon Allowances (CCAs) to cover their emissions of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e). Companies can also use offset credits as a lower cost alternative to CCAs for compliance.
There are several unique characteristics to carbon markets that we will explore. In this webinar, ICIS carbon market analysts will give you an introduction into the carbon market and give you the insight you need to create your market strategy. The cap-and-trade program is a unique market mechanism called an emissions trading system. Emissions markets have used this system around the world.
Whether you have a compliance obligation or are just interested in learning more about the landmark California cap-and-trade program please join us to get our view of carbon markets.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments