‘Total Sustainability’ Supply Chain Program Offered
Global supply chain sustainability specialist Ecodesk has teamed-up with carbon footprinting and lifecycle analysis firm Carbon River to help companies reduce supply chain risk and improve business continuity.
Called E-Chain, the two-phased “total sustainability” program highlights the potential risks and continuity issues in supply chains by analyzing the sustainability performance of suppliers. Using carbon, energy, water and waste as key metrics, E-Chain can build a comprehensive picture of supply chain sustainability through supplier profiling and benchmarking, identifying hotspots and risks, the partners say.
Created in response to an increasing demand for a complete picture of supply chain sustainability, E-Chain provides an on-going, targeted assessment of suppliers through a live data cloud-based platform. This ensures that businesses always have a live picture of their supply chain’s sustainability performance, according to Ecodesk and Carbon River.
Phase 1 is supply chain footprinting, mapping company purchase general ledgers against the comprehensive EIO database CEDA to provide fast and accurate “cradle-to-gate” analysis. This enables clients to screen their supply chain, profile risks, identify hotspots and benchmark suppliers against industry average data, in preparation for Phase 2.
Phase 2 is direct supplier engagement, which prioritizes suppliers in accordance with Phase 1 output. The project is then taken forward via Ecodesk’s Enterprise, Premium Enterprise or Global Enterprise packages, in a two stage process: supplier engagement and data collection and performance monitoring and improvement, which includes customizable dashboards/reports, supplier assessment scorecards and supplier communications and information exchange.
Phase 1 data can be benchmarked with data reported in Phase 2, providing a valuable data check.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra