New Group to Manage R2 E-Recycling Standard
Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) will succeed R2 Solutions in developing and promoting the R2 Standard for electronics recycling.
Nothing will change for recyclers and the R2 Standard will remain the same, says John Lingelbach executive director of SERI (and formerly R2 Solutions).
More than 540 R2 certified facilities operate in 17 countries.
SERI will advance the cause of safe and sustainable electronics reuse and recycling around the world, the organization says. In addition to managing the R2 Standard, the expanded scope of the new organization includes sponsoring and supporting electronics recycling projects in developing countries, education and outreach campaigns on the need for responsible recycling, and other activities.
SERI’s board includes members that have backgrounds in the Basel Convention, economics, emerging markets, electronics collection, and other areas.
Last month R2 Solutions released new policies intended to assure the quality of its certified recyclers’ and auditors’ performance.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data