New Group to Manage R2 E-Recycling Standard
Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) will succeed R2 Solutions in developing and promoting the R2 Standard for electronics recycling.
Nothing will change for recyclers and the R2 Standard will remain the same, says John Lingelbach executive director of SERI (and formerly R2 Solutions).
More than 540 R2 certified facilities operate in 17 countries.
SERI will advance the cause of safe and sustainable electronics reuse and recycling around the world, the organization says. In addition to managing the R2 Standard, the expanded scope of the new organization includes sponsoring and supporting electronics recycling projects in developing countries, education and outreach campaigns on the need for responsible recycling, and other activities.
SERI’s board includes members that have backgrounds in the Basel Convention, economics, emerging markets, electronics collection, and other areas.
Last month R2 Solutions released new policies intended to assure the quality of its certified recyclers’ and auditors’ performance.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike