New Group to Manage R2 E-Recycling Standard
Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) will succeed R2 Solutions in developing and promoting the R2 Standard for electronics recycling.
Nothing will change for recyclers and the R2 Standard will remain the same, says John Lingelbach executive director of SERI (and formerly R2 Solutions).
More than 540 R2 certified facilities operate in 17 countries.
SERI will advance the cause of safe and sustainable electronics reuse and recycling around the world, the organization says. In addition to managing the R2 Standard, the expanded scope of the new organization includes sponsoring and supporting electronics recycling projects in developing countries, education and outreach campaigns on the need for responsible recycling, and other activities.
SERI’s board includes members that have backgrounds in the Basel Convention, economics, emerging markets, electronics collection, and other areas.
Last month R2 Solutions released new policies intended to assure the quality of its certified recyclers’ and auditors’ performance.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses