OriginOil System Can Treat 1,000 Barrels Frack Water Per Day
OriginOilâ€™s Frack demonstration-scale frack water treatment system was shown to successfully remove oil and contaminants, the company says.
Held at the headquarters of OriginOil licensee, Industrial Systems Inc. (ISI) on Coloradoâ€™s Western Slope, the showcase featured the Clean-Frac 1000 system (pictured), which is designed to process frac flowback and produced water at a rate of up to 1,000 barrels per day (bpd), to the exact purity levels that customers require.
Clean-Frac integrates OriginOilâ€™s Electro Water Separation (EWS), a high-speed, chemical-free process to clean up large quantities of water, with a variety of â€śpolishingâ€ť systems to deliver a wide range of purity levels that enable different reuse applications from re-injection into frac wells to potable drinking water. These systems include membranes, filters and resins.
At this showcase, an iSep ultrafiltration membrane system from TriSep Corporation was the second step in treatment after EWS, resulting in visibly crystal clear water samples.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016