OriginOil System Can Treat 1,000 Barrels Frack Water Per Day
OriginOil‚Äôs Frack demonstration-scale frack water treatment system was shown to successfully remove oil and contaminants, the company says.
Held at the headquarters of OriginOil licensee, Industrial Systems Inc. (ISI) on Colorado‚Äôs Western Slope, the showcase featured the Clean-Frac 1000 system (pictured), which is designed to process frac flowback and produced water at a rate of up to 1,000 barrels per day (bpd), to the exact purity levels that customers require.
Clean-Frac integrates OriginOil‚Äôs Electro Water Separation (EWS), a high-speed, chemical-free process to clean up large quantities of water, with a variety of ‚Äúpolishing‚ÄĚ systems to deliver a wide range of purity levels that enable different reuse applications from re-injection into frac wells to potable drinking water. These systems include membranes, filters and resins.
At this showcase, an iSep ultrafiltration membrane system from TriSep Corporation was the second step in treatment after EWS, resulting in visibly crystal clear water samples.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B