Tetra Pak: Packaging Firms Must Increase Supply Chain Sustainability
Food packaging company Tetra Pak says food and packaging companies need to work to improve sustainability across all of the supply chain and says resource efficiency means looking at packaging’s entire life cycle, FoodProductionDaily reports.
“You need to understand your supply chains and what you have in place to mitigate risk,” Mario Abreu, Tetra Pak’s global director environmental performance, tells the publication. “We can’t sit back and say there will always be paper available.”
The company has set a goal to use 100 percent Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paperboard. This percentage has risen from 38 percent in 2012 to 41 percent in 2013.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE