Schneider Taps LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Schneider Electric, which manufactures equipment for electrical power distribution and for industrial control and automation, chose LLamasoft based on its “ecosystem of innovative technology and global support services,” according to Annette Clayton, executive vice president of global supply chain at Schneider Electric.
LLamasoft says Supply Chain Guru helps companies across industries to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network, leading to improvements in cost, service, sustainability and risk mitigation.
In 2012 Nike and LLamasoft partnered to make international supply chains more environmentally friendly and efficient. Nike, which had been a customer of Michigan-based LLamasoft for two years at the time and has a minority investment in the company, said it would use LLamasoft’s software platform to make its supply chain more efficient and reduce the associated carbon footprint.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”