Schneider Taps LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Schneider Electric, which manufactures equipment for electrical power distribution and for industrial control and automation, chose LLamasoft based on its “ecosystem of innovative technology and global support services,” according to Annette Clayton, executive vice president of global supply chain at Schneider Electric.
LLamasoft says Supply Chain Guru helps companies across industries to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network, leading to improvements in cost, service, sustainability and risk mitigation.
In 2012 Nike and LLamasoft partnered to make international supply chains more environmentally friendly and efficient. Nike, which had been a customer of Michigan-based LLamasoft for two years at the time and has a minority investment in the company, said it would use LLamasoft’s software platform to make its supply chain more efficient and reduce the associated carbon footprint.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike