Xperion, 3M Develop CNG Tanks
The tanks will integrate 3M’s Matrix Resin technology with xperion’s proprietary design technology. A new xperion facility, currently being constructed near Columbus, Ohio in the city of Heath, will start producing these tanks later this year.
The new facility will be the closest source of Type 4 tanks for multiple heavy-duty OEM manufacturers, according to Sean Ellen, xperion general manager.
3M and xperion say they plan to continue to address the light-duty CNG segment as well, where 3M commercially introduced its first CNG tank early last year and xperion introduced its X-Store CNG tank in 2008.
3M’s and xperion’s announcement follows another announcement regarding 3M’s agreement with Rush Enterprises to provide enhanced CNG fuel systems, distribution and service support. The companies say they now offer a complete back- and front-end CNG system.
Last month AT&T deployed its 8,000th CNG vehicle, achieving a major milestone in the company’s overall 10-year, $565 million commitment to add approximately 15,000 alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) to its fleet by end of year 2018.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA