War of Words Over ‘War on Coal’
After EPA chief Gina McCarthy ignited a firefight with her “war on coal” comments during her appearance last week on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” McCarthy yesterday called a truce with the coal industry and Republican lawmakers via Twitter.
Her comments on the TV show that started the battle: Maher asked McCarthy if the EPA’s proposed carbon pollution rules for power plants constituted a war on coal.
“Actually, EPA is all about fighting against pollution and fighting for public health,” McCarthy responded. “That’s exactly what this is.”
Some energy companies and manufacturers have blasted the Clean Power Plan, warning it will kill jobs and increase business’ costs.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016