War of Words Over ‘War on Coal’
After EPA chief Gina McCarthy ignited a firefight with her “war on coal” comments during her appearance last week on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” McCarthy yesterday called a truce with the coal industry and Republican lawmakers via Twitter.
Her comments on the TV show that started the battle: Maher asked McCarthy if the EPA’s proposed carbon pollution rules for power plants constituted a war on coal.
“Actually, EPA is all about fighting against pollution and fighting for public health,” McCarthy responded. “That’s exactly what this is.”
Some energy companies and manufacturers have blasted the Clean Power Plan, warning it will kill jobs and increase business’ costs.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike