War of Words Over ‘War on Coal’
After EPA chief Gina McCarthy ignited a firefight with her “war on coal” comments during her appearance last week on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” McCarthy yesterday called a truce with the coal industry and Republican lawmakers via Twitter.
Her comments on the TV show that started the battle: Maher asked McCarthy if the EPA’s proposed carbon pollution rules for power plants constituted a war on coal.
“Actually, EPA is all about fighting against pollution and fighting for public health,” McCarthy responded. “That’s exactly what this is.”
Some energy companies and manufacturers have blasted the Clean Power Plan, warning it will kill jobs and increase business’ costs.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls