REACH Adds Four New Chemicals
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has added four new substances to the European Union’s chemical rules — known as the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restrictions of Chemicals (REACH) program— REACH regulation Candidate List for authorization:
The new substances added to the Candidate List are:
- Cadmium chloride
- 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear
- Sodium peroxometaborate
- Sodium perborate; perboric acid, sodium salt
These substances join the list of chemicals currently on the REACH Candidate List.
In April, a new version of REACH-IT (2.7), introduced new terms and conditions that clarify how companies receive decisions and other communications from ECHA. The update also allows the submission of applications for authorization through REACH-IT.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’