REACH Adds Four New Chemicals
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has added four new substances to the European Union’s chemical rules — known as the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restrictions of Chemicals (REACH) program— REACH regulation Candidate List for authorization:
The new substances added to the Candidate List are:
- Cadmium chloride
- 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear
- Sodium peroxometaborate
- Sodium perborate; perboric acid, sodium salt
These substances join the list of chemicals currently on the REACH Candidate List.
In April, a new version of REACH-IT (2.7), introduced new terms and conditions that clarify how companies receive decisions and other communications from ECHA. The update also allows the submission of applications for authorization through REACH-IT.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports