REACH Adds Four New Chemicals
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has added four new substances to the European Union’s chemical rules — known as the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restrictions of Chemicals (REACH) program— REACH regulation Candidate List for authorization:
The new substances added to the Candidate List are:
- Cadmium chloride
- 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear
- Sodium peroxometaborate
- Sodium perborate; perboric acid, sodium salt
These substances join the list of chemicals currently on the REACH Candidate List.
In April, a new version of REACH-IT (2.7), introduced new terms and conditions that clarify how companies receive decisions and other communications from ECHA. The update also allows the submission of applications for authorization through REACH-IT.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables