Best Global Green Brands Revealed
Interbrand’s Best Global Green Brands report examines the gap that exists between a brand’s environmental performance and consumers’ perceptions of that performance.
When identifying the top 50 Best Global Green Brands each year, Interbrand starts with the 100 brands that make up its annual Best Global Brands report. Brands that appear on this annual ranking have a global presence and a demonstrated record of delivering value to their stakeholders.
Interbrand then conducts extensive consumer research to capture public perception of the brands’ sustainable or green practices and compares that to environmental or sustainability performance data collected and analyzed by Deloitte.
This year’s top findings include:
- Sony (no. 7) and adidas (no. 8) enter into the top 10 for the first time, while Johnson & Johnson falls six places to no. 12 and Volkswagen falls nine places to no. 16.
- Top Risers: Ikea climbed 14 spots to secure the no. 19 position while Zara also climbed 14 places to claim the no. 34 position. Philips moved up nine places to take the no. 14 spot and adidas jumped up seven places to no. 8.
- Automotive, electronic & technology brands occupy nearly 50 percent of the overall ranking; 10 brands hail from the automotive sector, while 12 brands come from the electronics and technology sectors.
- Brands within the financial services sector struggle to become sustainability leaders: Allianz and Citi fall off this year’s ranking, while AXA falls one place to take the no. 45 position and Santander moves up two places to no. 44.
- Three new brands joined the 2014 ranking, including Chevrolet (no. 32), Disney (no. 49), and Heineken (no. 50).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water