Dow to Build Ethylene Production Facility
The Freeport, Texas facility remains on track for start-up in the first half of 2017, the company says.
With a nameplate capacity of approximately 1500 KTA, Dow’s new ethylene production facility is part of a multi-billion dollar investment. The facility will expand Dow’s production capacity for its performance plastics. It’s also a key piece of Dow’s strategy to utilize shale gas feedstocks to enable growth in value-add market-driven businesses, the company says.
Dow Texas Operations in Freeport is Dow’s largest integrated manufacturing site worldwide and the largest chemical complex in North America.
This week Dow launched its more sustainable surface finishes for the electronic and industrial finishing markets, which provide alternatives to the use of cyanide, nickel and lead as well as improvements in process efficiencies and waste reduction, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant