Dow to Build Ethylene Production Facility
The Freeport, Texas facility remains on track for start-up in the first half of 2017, the company says.
With a nameplate capacity of approximately 1500 KTA, Dow’s new ethylene production facility is part of a multi-billion dollar investment. The facility will expand Dow’s production capacity for its performance plastics. It’s also a key piece of Dow’s strategy to utilize shale gas feedstocks to enable growth in value-add market-driven businesses, the company says.
Dow Texas Operations in Freeport is Dow’s largest integrated manufacturing site worldwide and the largest chemical complex in North America.
This week Dow launched its more sustainable surface finishes for the electronic and industrial finishing markets, which provide alternatives to the use of cyanide, nickel and lead as well as improvements in process efficiencies and waste reduction, the company says.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council