MSCI to Acquire GMI Ratings
Environmental, social and governance research firm GMI Ratings has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by MSCI, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, MSCI ESG Research.
MSCI provides investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. Through its MSCI ESG Research unit, MSCI’s products and services provide in-depth research, ratings and analysis of ESG-related business practices of companies worldwide.
GMI serves the ESG and accounting research and data needs of approximately 400 clients across the global institutional investment community.
The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter.
More than two-thirds of executives say they plan to evaluate ESG factors in future deals, according to a poll of more than 300 professionals conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers late last year. The poll found that 68 percent of participants who are planning a divestiture, acquisition, merger or IPO in the next 12 months plan to evaluate ESG considerations when planning their transactions.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array