MSCI to Acquire GMI Ratings
Environmental, social and governance research firm GMI Ratings has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by MSCI, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, MSCI ESG Research.
MSCI provides investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. Through its MSCI ESG Research unit, MSCI’s products and services provide in-depth research, ratings and analysis of ESG-related business practices of companies worldwide.
GMI serves the ESG and accounting research and data needs of approximately 400 clients across the global institutional investment community.
The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter.
More than two-thirds of executives say they plan to evaluate ESG factors in future deals, according to a poll of more than 300 professionals conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers late last year. The poll found that 68 percent of participants who are planning a divestiture, acquisition, merger or IPO in the next 12 months plan to evaluate ESG considerations when planning their transactions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management