GE to Acquire Monsal, Expand Wastewater Services
With Monsal’s advanced anaerobic digestion technology and industry knowledge, GE will be able to help municipalities and industrial manufacturers shift from disposing wastewater treatment byproducts to generating renewable energy and other value from their streams.
The company says the acquisition of Monsal will enhance GE’s wastewater treatment product offerings and further GE’s commitment to energy reduction in wastewater treatment.
Monsal, based in Mansfield, UK, provides advanced technology to treat biosolids and biowaste and convert it into renewable energy and saleable byproducts. Anaerobic digestion is a biological process in which microorganisms break down biodegradable material in the absence of oxygen. One of the end products is biogas, which can be combusted to generate electricity and heat — a feature that GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power business can achieve with Jenbacher gas engines.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council