Shipping Industry Initiative Launched
Eleven shipping companies including Maersk and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics are among the first members of the Trident Alliance, a shipping industry initiative to support enforcement of maritime sulfur regulations.
The coalition of ship owners and operators say they will partner with other groups that share its interest in tough enforcement of the regulations.
The current membership includes: American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier (ARC), EUKOR Car Carriers, Höegh Autoliners, J. Lauritzen, Maersk, Rickmers-Linie, Stena, Torvald Klaveness, UECC, Unifeeder and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics.
The member company CEO’s have each signed a statement of commitment, in which they commit to supporting robust and transparent enforcement of sulfur regulations as well as to comply with the regulations.
Several companies are in the process of joining, and will be announced as their statements of commitment are filed, the alliance says. Membership will remain open to all shipping companies.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA