Shipping Industry Initiative Launched
Eleven shipping companies including Maersk and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics are among the first members of the Trident Alliance, a shipping industry initiative to support enforcement of maritime sulfur regulations.
The coalition of ship owners and operators say they will partner with other groups that share its interest in tough enforcement of the regulations.
The current membership includes: American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier (ARC), EUKOR Car Carriers, Höegh Autoliners, J. Lauritzen, Maersk, Rickmers-Linie, Stena, Torvald Klaveness, UECC, Unifeeder and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics.
The member company CEO’s have each signed a statement of commitment, in which they commit to supporting robust and transparent enforcement of sulfur regulations as well as to comply with the regulations.
Several companies are in the process of joining, and will be announced as their statements of commitment are filed, the alliance says. Membership will remain open to all shipping companies.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant