Shipping Industry Initiative Launched
Eleven shipping companies including Maersk and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics are among the first members of the Trident Alliance, a shipping industry initiative to support enforcement of maritime sulfur regulations.
The coalition of ship owners and operators say they will partner with other groups that share its interest in tough enforcement of the regulations.
The current membership includes: American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier (ARC), EUKOR Car Carriers, Höegh Autoliners, J. Lauritzen, Maersk, Rickmers-Linie, Stena, Torvald Klaveness, UECC, Unifeeder and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics.
The member company CEO’s have each signed a statement of commitment, in which they commit to supporting robust and transparent enforcement of sulfur regulations as well as to comply with the regulations.
Several companies are in the process of joining, and will be announced as their statements of commitment are filed, the alliance says. Membership will remain open to all shipping companies.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations