Watson-Marlow Launches Metering Pump for High Accuracy Applications
Watson-Marlow Pumps Group has introduced the Qdos 60 peristaltic metering pump, following the launch of its smaller Qdos 30 model.
The pump is designed to save costs in chemical metering applications through its higher accuracy metering. The addition of Qdos 60 expands the range to incorporate flow rates from 0.1 to 1,000 ml/min (0.001 to 15 USGPH) at 7 bar (100psi).
The company says simple installation and tool-free maintenance ensure total cost of ownership is minimized.
Qdos 60 negates the need for ancillaries, boosts productivity and cuts chemical wastage via more accurate, linear and repeatable metering than conventional solenoid or stepper-driven diaphragm metering pumps, the company says. As a result, Qdos 60 is able to reduce chemical costs even when metering difficult fluids, or when pressure, viscosity and solids content vary. This capability combines with peristaltic technology to ensures precise, continuous smooth flow for optimal fluid mixing.
Typical applications for Qdos 60 include disinfection, pH adjustment and flocculation of drinking water, wastewater and industrial process water, as well as reagent dosing/metering in mineral processing tasks. The company says the new pump is especially suited to chemical metering applications found in larger water treatment plants where flow demand is greater than that provided by the existing Qdos 30 model. Advanced control features include fluid level monitoring, fluid recovery, line priming and intuitive flow calibration.
Enhanced pump accuracy enables higher concentration chemicals to be used, thus saving on transport costs and driving down carbon emissions targets, according to Watson-Marlow Pumps Group.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED