Watson-Marlow Launches Metering Pump for High Accuracy Applications
Watson-Marlow Pumps Group has introduced the Qdos 60 peristaltic metering pump, following the launch of its smaller Qdos 30 model.
The pump is designed to save costs in chemical metering applications through its higher accuracy metering. The addition of Qdos 60 expands the range to incorporate flow rates from 0.1 to 1,000 ml/min (0.001 to 15 USGPH) at 7 bar (100psi).
The company says simple installation and tool-free maintenance ensure total cost of ownership is minimized.
Qdos 60 negates the need for ancillaries, boosts productivity and cuts chemical wastage via more accurate, linear and repeatable metering than conventional solenoid or stepper-driven diaphragm metering pumps, the company says. As a result, Qdos 60 is able to reduce chemical costs even when metering difficult fluids, or when pressure, viscosity and solids content vary. This capability combines with peristaltic technology to ensures precise, continuous smooth flow for optimal fluid mixing.
Typical applications for Qdos 60 include disinfection, pH adjustment and flocculation of drinking water, wastewater and industrial process water, as well as reagent dosing/metering in mineral processing tasks. The company says the new pump is especially suited to chemical metering applications found in larger water treatment plants where flow demand is greater than that provided by the existing Qdos 30 model. Advanced control features include fluid level monitoring, fluid recovery, line priming and intuitive flow calibration.
Enhanced pump accuracy enables higher concentration chemicals to be used, thus saving on transport costs and driving down carbon emissions targets, according to Watson-Marlow Pumps Group.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry