AkzoNobel Sells Paper Chemicals Business for $208M
Paper Chemicals is part of the company’s Pulp and Performance Chemicals business and generated annual revenue of €243 million ($331 million) in 2013.
The sale does not include AkzoNobel’s Pulp Bleaching business, nor its Colloidal Silica business. For the paper related part of Colloidal Silica, the parties will enter into a distribution arrangement. The Pulp Bleaching business and the Eka name remain core for AkzoNobel’s Specialty Chemicals business.
The parties expect the acquisition to be completed in about six months. AkzoNobel will continue as toll manufacturer of certain products and will enter into an agreement with regards to the colloidal silica supply to Kemira.
In April, AkzoNobel’s Marine Coatings business and The Gold Standard Foundation developed a carbon credit methodology for the international shipping industry that they say is the first of its kind.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B