Tetra Pak Launches Renewable Packaging Campaign
Tetra Pak has launched a sustainable packaging campaign to raise awareness of the importance of the front end of the life cycle — renewable materials sourcing — and is calling on the consumer goods industry to join in adopting renewability practices.
As part of the kick-off to the campaign, called Moving To The Front, Tetra Pak has authored a white paper with input from the World Wildlife Fund. What is Renewability in Packaging and Why Should We Care? outlines how using renewable resources creates value that can help businesses grow.
According to Tetra Pak president and CEO Brian Kennell, businesses that adopt renewability practices will:
- Realize business growth because long-term supply resources will be secured and retailer preference and consumer demand for packaging made with renewable materials will grow.
- Manage and mitigate risks caused by geopolitical threats to sourcing more effectively, leading to a more reliable supply chain with less business disruption around supply of resources and better ability to manage costs and experience less price volatility.
- Build brand equity, differentiation and emotional connections with consumers because as consumer knowledge around resource scarcity grows, so too will their demand for packaging with renewable content, as it did around recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike