Dell’s Flexible Work Programs Save $12M, Reduce GHGs
The flexible work program — Dell says popular work arrangements include job sharing, variable work hours and working from home full-time, part-time or just occasionally as the need arises — also saved the company an additional $12 million in 2013.
About 20,000 team members or about 20 percent of Dell’s workforce participate officially in the Connected Workplace program, bringing Dell almost half way to its goal of 50 percent global participation by 2020. An estimated additional 20 percent take advantage of the program tools and participate in an unofficial or occasional manner.
Dell’s Legacy of Good Plan has set a goal to reduce GHG emissions from facilities and logistics operations by 50 percent by 2020, among other environmental goals.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M