Dell’s Flexible Work Programs Save $12M, Reduce GHGs
The flexible work program — Dell says popular work arrangements include job sharing, variable work hours and working from home full-time, part-time or just occasionally as the need arises — also saved the company an additional $12 million in 2013.
About 20,000 team members or about 20 percent of Dell’s workforce participate officially in the Connected Workplace program, bringing Dell almost half way to its goal of 50 percent global participation by 2020. An estimated additional 20 percent take advantage of the program tools and participate in an unofficial or occasional manner.
Dell’s Legacy of Good Plan has set a goal to reduce GHG emissions from facilities and logistics operations by 50 percent by 2020, among other environmental goals.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B