Dell’s Flexible Work Programs Save $12M, Reduce GHGs
The flexible work program — Dell says popular work arrangements include job sharing, variable work hours and working from home full-time, part-time or just occasionally as the need arises — also saved the company an additional $12 million in 2013.
About 20,000 team members or about 20 percent of Dell’s workforce participate officially in the Connected Workplace program, bringing Dell almost half way to its goal of 50 percent global participation by 2020. An estimated additional 20 percent take advantage of the program tools and participate in an unofficial or occasional manner.
Dell’s Legacy of Good Plan has set a goal to reduce GHG emissions from facilities and logistics operations by 50 percent by 2020, among other environmental goals.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program