Dell’s Flexible Work Programs Save $12M, Reduce GHGs
The flexible work program — Dell says popular work arrangements include job sharing, variable work hours and working from home full-time, part-time or just occasionally as the need arises — also saved the company an additional $12 million in 2013.
About 20,000 team members or about 20 percent of Dell’s workforce participate officially in the Connected Workplace program, bringing Dell almost half way to its goal of 50 percent global participation by 2020. An estimated additional 20 percent take advantage of the program tools and participate in an unofficial or occasional manner.
Dell’s Legacy of Good Plan has set a goal to reduce GHG emissions from facilities and logistics operations by 50 percent by 2020, among other environmental goals.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned