Petrixo Selects Honeywell’s UOP Green Fuels
UOP, a Honeywell company, says its green fuels process technology has been selected by Petrixo Oil & Gas to produce renewable jet fuel and renewable diesel at a refinery to be built in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates.
Petrixo will use UOP Renewable Jet Fuel process technology to process about 500,000 metric tons per year of renewable feedstocks into renewable jet fuel and renewable diesel, also known as Honeywell Green Jet Fuel and Honeywell Green Diesel.
Petrixo announced earlier this year that it will invest $800 million to build the new refinery, which will have a design capacity of 1 million tons per year of biofuel products, and will be the first commercial-scale renewable jet fuel production facility outside of North America.
UOP process technology is currently being used by Diamond Green Diesel to produce green diesel at a commercial-scale facility in Norco, La.
Honeywell’s UOP serves as a founding member of the Sustainable Bioenergy Research Consortium (SBRC), together with Boeing, Etihad Airways, and the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi. SBRC focuses on testing the use of desert plants grown with seawater to support biofuel crop production in arid countries, such as the United Arab Emirates.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables