Ace Hardware Forklift Fleet Powered by Plug Power
Plug Power has deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for Ace Hardware’s first all-hydrogen material handling fleet at the company’s Wilmer, Texas warehouse.
In addition to the fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks at the Wilmer facility, Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Wilmer site has about 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are conveniently fueled in minutes at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management