Ace Hardware Forklift Fleet Powered by Plug Power
Plug Power has deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for Ace Hardware’s first all-hydrogen material handling fleet at the company’s Wilmer, Texas warehouse.
In addition to the fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks at the Wilmer facility, Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Wilmer site has about 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are conveniently fueled in minutes at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics