Ace Hardware Forklift Fleet Powered by Plug Power
Plug Power has deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for Ace Hardware’s first all-hydrogen material handling fleet at the company’s Wilmer, Texas warehouse.
In addition to the fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks at the Wilmer facility, Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Wilmer site has about 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are conveniently fueled in minutes at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant