Ace Hardware Forklift Fleet Powered by Plug Power
Plug Power has deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for Ace Hardware’s first all-hydrogen material handling fleet at the company’s Wilmer, Texas warehouse.
In addition to the fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks at the Wilmer facility, Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Wilmer site has about 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are conveniently fueled in minutes at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations