Ace Hardware Forklift Fleet Powered by Plug Power
Plug Power has deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for Ace Hardware’s first all-hydrogen material handling fleet at the company’s Wilmer, Texas warehouse.
In addition to the fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks at the Wilmer facility, Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Wilmer site has about 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are conveniently fueled in minutes at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution