Paper Cup Recycling Group Formed
The Paper Cup Recovery and Recycling Group (PCRRG), a group of stakeholders of the paper cup supply chain, will be managed and coordinated by LRS Consultancy. Other members include: Benders Paper Cups, Caffè Nero, First Mile, Grundon Waste Management, Huhtamaki, James Cropper, Maxabel International, Seda Group, Selecta UK, Solo Cup Europe and StoraEnso.
The PCRRG will focus on the following areas:
- bringing together different aspects of the supply chain to better understand all of the different components and stakeholder views
- developing consistent messaging and educating the involved parties on material value and recyclability
- identifying industry wide, self-funding, and easy-to-access solutions
- conducting in-market trials where appropriate
- actively managing risks associated with the environmental impacts and legislation of paper cups
UK specialty paper company James Cropper last summer opened the world’s first facility that will recycle disposable coffee cups and reuse the pulp to make paper.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.