Cortec Launches Eco Moisture Barrier Paper
Cortec has launched a packaging product coated with a water-based barrier coating that is fully recyclable/repulpable while displaying barrier properties that the company says are better than those of wax or polyethylene coated paper or linerboards.
Unlike other barrier packaging products, EcoShield Paper can readily be recycled into other types of paper products such as boxes, cardboard and other corrugated materials as well as “repulped,” made into or mixed with pulp to make new paper products, Cortec says. There is no need for costly processes to separate the paper base from the coating.
The company says the product also shows oil and grease resistance, thus combining moisture barrier properties and oil and grease resistivity into one step.
In addition to being safe to the environment, EcoShield is in compliance with FDA regulations under 21 code of Federal Regulations for food contact. It can be used in applications where direct or indirect food contact may occur. In manufacturing process there is no chlorine or other bleaching chemicals, which eliminates package contamination found with other papers on the market.
EcoShield Paper also displays a greatly reduced moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR), similar to polycoated papers and superior to waxed papers, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE