Electronic Recyclers International, Recycle Across America Team Up
Electronic Recyclers International has teamed up with Recycle Across America, a nonprofit that has launched a standardized labeling system for recycling bins, to increase recycling and encourage sustainable manufacturing.
John Shegerian, chairman and CEO of ERI, says the standardized label initiative has helped increase recycling by removing confusion about what items belong in which bins and what can or cannot be recycled.
The partnership will involve a sharing of resources and a multi-disciplinary collaborative rollout of cross-branding opportunities by RAA, ERI and all of ERI’s subsidiary properties, including 1-800-Recycling.com, urbanmining.org and Green Is Good Radio.
Via its mobile app, online resource and phone service, ERI subsidiary 1-800-Recycling.com provides information about recycling services and facilities to anyone, anywhere by ZIP code. Designed to make the recycling process easy and more accessible, 1-800-Recycling.com’s nationwide search functionality is now also a clickable icon on the Recycle Across America site.
ERI is also developing consumer information pages to appear on all of its subsidiaries explaining RAA’s standardized labeling system.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem