Bacardi Cuts Packaging Weight 90%
Bacardi has reduced its Party Drinks rum bottle packaging weight by 90 percent using recyclable PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic instead of glass.
The company has also redesigned its bottle for Bacardi Classic Cocktails so it now weighs 30 percent less.
PET also requires less energy to produce than glass, lowers transportation costs and fuel emissions.
Since 2006, Bacardi has reduced the weight of its packaging by more than 7 percent, the company says. The weight reduction is equivalent to taking 1,100 full truckloads off the road.
The sustainable packaging initiatives are a part of the Bacardi Limited Good Spirited global sustainability program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Summer Weather Spawns Thermostat Wars
- New Yorkers ‘Share’ Renewables
- Portable EV Charging Technology Used by California Government
- Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
- Berkeley Enacts New Building Energy Saving Ordinance
- Medical Center Raises Energy Star Score from 21 to 70
- Stadium Saves 40% on Energy with LEDs
- Prescolite Adds to LED Portfolio