Bacardi Cuts Packaging Weight 90%
Bacardi has reduced its Party Drinks rum bottle packaging weight by 90 percent using recyclable PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic instead of glass.
The company has also redesigned its bottle for Bacardi Classic Cocktails so it now weighs 30 percent less.
PET also requires less energy to produce than glass, lowers transportation costs and fuel emissions.
Since 2006, Bacardi has reduced the weight of its packaging by more than 7 percent, the company says. The weight reduction is equivalent to taking 1,100 full truckloads off the road.
The sustainable packaging initiatives are a part of the Bacardi Limited Good Spirited global sustainability program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters