Bacardi Cuts Packaging Weight 90%
Bacardi has reduced its Party Drinks rum bottle packaging weight by 90 percent using recyclable PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic instead of glass.
The company has also redesigned its bottle for Bacardi Classic Cocktails so it now weighs 30 percent less.
PET also requires less energy to produce than glass, lowers transportation costs and fuel emissions.
Since 2006, Bacardi has reduced the weight of its packaging by more than 7 percent, the company says. The weight reduction is equivalent to taking 1,100 full truckloads off the road.
The sustainable packaging initiatives are a part of the Bacardi Limited Good Spirited global sustainability program.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store