Bacardi Cuts Packaging Weight 90%
Bacardi has reduced its Party Drinks rum bottle packaging weight by 90 percent using recyclable PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic instead of glass.
The company has also redesigned its bottle for Bacardi Classic Cocktails so it now weighs 30 percent less.
PET also requires less energy to produce than glass, lowers transportation costs and fuel emissions.
Since 2006, Bacardi has reduced the weight of its packaging by more than 7 percent, the company says. The weight reduction is equivalent to taking 1,100 full truckloads off the road.
The sustainable packaging initiatives are a part of the Bacardi Limited Good Spirited global sustainability program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Citibank: How Investments in Clean Energy Can Save Trillions
- Johnson Controls Expands at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart
- Florida, Missouri Take Steps in Favor of PACE Financing
- DoE: Big Detroit LED Project is About Two-Thirds Done
- IEMS Revenue to Reach $35.6B by 2024
- Geothermal School Project in West Aurora, IL
- Tinker AFB Exceeds Power Reduction Goals
- New Biomass Bed Material Increases Efficiency, Cuts Costs