AECOM Pays $4bn, Acquires URS
AECOM will pay about $4 billion in cash and stock to acquire URS.
Including the assumption of URS debt, the total enterprise value of the transaction is about $6 billion, according to AECOM.
The combined company will have more than 95,000 employees in 150 countries. It would have 2013 revenues of more than $19 billion. The acquisition will also create the world’s no. 1 environmental consulting practice by annual revenue, according to Environment Analyst.
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consulting market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst published earlier this year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries