AECOM Pays $4bn, Acquires URS
AECOM will pay about $4 billion in cash and stock to acquire URS.
Including the assumption of URS debt, the total enterprise value of the transaction is about $6 billion, according to AECOM.
The combined company will have more than 95,000 employees in 150 countries. It would have 2013 revenues of more than $19 billion. The acquisition will also create the world’s no. 1 environmental consulting practice by annual revenue, according to Environment Analyst.
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consulting market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst published earlier this year.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls