AECOM Pays $4bn, Acquires URS
AECOM will pay about $4 billion in cash and stock to acquire URS.
Including the assumption of URS debt, the total enterprise value of the transaction is about $6 billion, according to AECOM.
The combined company will have more than 95,000 employees in 150 countries. It would have 2013 revenues of more than $19 billion. The acquisition will also create the world’s no. 1 environmental consulting practice by annual revenue, according to Environment Analyst.
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consulting market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst published earlier this year.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion