AECOM Pays $4bn, Acquires URS
AECOM will pay about $4 billion in cash and stock to acquire URS.
Including the assumption of URS debt, the total enterprise value of the transaction is about $6 billion, according to AECOM.
The combined company will have more than 95,000 employees in 150 countries. It would have 2013 revenues of more than $19 billion. The acquisition will also create the world’s no. 1 environmental consulting practice by annual revenue, according to Environment Analyst.
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consulting market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst published earlier this year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management