AECOM Pays $4bn, Acquires URS
AECOM will pay about $4 billion in cash and stock to acquire URS.
Including the assumption of URS debt, the total enterprise value of the transaction is about $6 billion, according to AECOM.
The combined company will have more than 95,000 employees in 150 countries. It would have 2013 revenues of more than $19 billion. The acquisition will also create the world’s no. 1 environmental consulting practice by annual revenue, according to Environment Analyst.
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consulting market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst published earlier this year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B