Organic Wastewater Treatment Filter Launched
Premier Tech Aqua (PTA), a business unit of the Environmental Technologies Group of Premier Tech, has launched a NSF International-certified wastewater treatment filter.
The Ecoflo Coco Filter is a permanent septic installation that protects ecosystems using a coco husk fragment-based filtering media, which biologically treats pollutants and acts as a barrier to retain solids.
As with any filter, the media has to be replaced after usage, and the choice of natural organic filtering media used in any Ecoflo model allows for recycling of the spent filtering media at the end of its useful life to produce renewable energy or a compost for soil amendment. Most of the other filtering media utilized in onsite septic systems, such as sand, textile or foam, create unwanted trash at the end of their useful life.
With a filtering media capable of sustaining a 40 percent increase of treatment capacity, the Ecoflo Coco Filter offers a more compact filtering media surface and treats wastewater with no energy, the company says.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland