Organic Wastewater Treatment Filter Launched
Premier Tech Aqua (PTA), a business unit of the Environmental Technologies Group of Premier Tech, has launched a NSF International-certified wastewater treatment filter.
The Ecoflo Coco Filter is a permanent septic installation that protects ecosystems using a coco husk fragment-based filtering media, which biologically treats pollutants and acts as a barrier to retain solids.
As with any filter, the media has to be replaced after usage, and the choice of natural organic filtering media used in any Ecoflo model allows for recycling of the spent filtering media at the end of its useful life to produce renewable energy or a compost for soil amendment. Most of the other filtering media utilized in onsite septic systems, such as sand, textile or foam, create unwanted trash at the end of their useful life.
With a filtering media capable of sustaining a 40 percent increase of treatment capacity, the Ecoflo Coco Filter offers a more compact filtering media surface and treats wastewater with no energy, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities