Organic Wastewater Treatment Filter Launched
Premier Tech Aqua (PTA), a business unit of the Environmental Technologies Group of Premier Tech, has launched a NSF International-certified wastewater treatment filter.
The Ecoflo Coco Filter is a permanent septic installation that protects ecosystems using a coco husk fragment-based filtering media, which biologically treats pollutants and acts as a barrier to retain solids.
As with any filter, the media has to be replaced after usage, and the choice of natural organic filtering media used in any Ecoflo model allows for recycling of the spent filtering media at the end of its useful life to produce renewable energy or a compost for soil amendment. Most of the other filtering media utilized in onsite septic systems, such as sand, textile or foam, create unwanted trash at the end of their useful life.
With a filtering media capable of sustaining a 40 percent increase of treatment capacity, the Ecoflo Coco Filter offers a more compact filtering media surface and treats wastewater with no energy, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate