United Airlines Offers Cargo Customers Emissions Reporting
Using CarbonChoice, cargo customers with large-scale, regular shipments on United can receive customized emissions reports with options to offset their company’s carbon footprint through the airline’s partner, Sustainable Travel International.
United is introducing the business tool to allow cargo customers to more easily incorporate carbon-neutral business practices into their overall corporate strategy.
In 2013, United began offering an online cargo carbon calculator that customers could use to enter their individual shipment data and track emissions. With CarbonChoice, United now offers cargo shippers customized reports sent directly to each customer on a regular basis.
United’s calculation approach recognizes weight, actual flight data related to aircraft type, routes and seasonality, and applies a CO2 emissions calculation methodology informed by the International Air Transport Association’s recommended practice for airlines to calculate CO2 emissions from freight transport.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage