United Airlines Offers Cargo Customers Emissions Reporting
Using CarbonChoice, cargo customers with large-scale, regular shipments on United can receive customized emissions reports with options to offset their company’s carbon footprint through the airline’s partner, Sustainable Travel International.
United is introducing the business tool to allow cargo customers to more easily incorporate carbon-neutral business practices into their overall corporate strategy.
In 2013, United began offering an online cargo carbon calculator that customers could use to enter their individual shipment data and track emissions. With CarbonChoice, United now offers cargo shippers customized reports sent directly to each customer on a regular basis.
United’s calculation approach recognizes weight, actual flight data related to aircraft type, routes and seasonality, and applies a CO2 emissions calculation methodology informed by the International Air Transport Association’s recommended practice for airlines to calculate CO2 emissions from freight transport.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency