United Airlines Offers Cargo Customers Emissions Reporting
Using CarbonChoice, cargo customers with large-scale, regular shipments on United can receive customized emissions reports with options to offset their company’s carbon footprint through the airline’s partner, Sustainable Travel International.
United is introducing the business tool to allow cargo customers to more easily incorporate carbon-neutral business practices into their overall corporate strategy.
In 2013, United began offering an online cargo carbon calculator that customers could use to enter their individual shipment data and track emissions. With CarbonChoice, United now offers cargo shippers customized reports sent directly to each customer on a regular basis.
United’s calculation approach recognizes weight, actual flight data related to aircraft type, routes and seasonality, and applies a CO2 emissions calculation methodology informed by the International Air Transport Association’s recommended practice for airlines to calculate CO2 emissions from freight transport.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls