ASHRAE Publishes Strategic Plan
Connect, educate, extend and adapt are the four goals outlined in ASHRAEâ€™s strategic plan, introduced at its 2014 annual conference held June 28-July 2.
The goals are supported, in each case, by a handful of objectives that further define specific accomplishments to pursue within the plan horizon. The plan will guide ASHRAE over the next three to five years, says 2013-14 president Bill Bahnfleth.
Also at the annual conference, ASHRAE and other industry groups formed the Indoor Environment Quality Global Alliance. The alliance aims to serve as a global source for information, guidance and knowledge on indoor environmental quality.
Other groups joining the Alliance are the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC), the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA), the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) and the Federation of European Heating and Air-Conditioning Associations (REHVA).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan Universityâ€™s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments