Business Owners Want Clean Water Rules
The majority of small business owners favor federal protection of clean water and agree that clean water is necessary for a healthy economy and job creation, according to a national poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).
Key findings from the poll, conducted by Lake Research Partners for ASBC, include:
- 80 percent of small business owners favor federal protection of upstream headwaters and wetlands as proposed in the new Waters of the US clean water rule of the EPA.
- 71 percent of small business owners said that clean water is necessary for jobs and a healthy economy.
- 67 percent of small business owners are concerned that water pollution could hurt their business in the future.
- 62 percent of small business owners say that government regulation is needed to prevent water pollution.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array