Business Owners Want Clean Water Rules
The majority of small business owners favor federal protection of clean water and agree that clean water is necessary for a healthy economy and job creation, according to a national poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).
Key findings from the poll, conducted by Lake Research Partners for ASBC, include:
- 80 percent of small business owners favor federal protection of upstream headwaters and wetlands as proposed in the new Waters of the US clean water rule of the EPA.
- 71 percent of small business owners said that clean water is necessary for jobs and a healthy economy.
- 67 percent of small business owners are concerned that water pollution could hurt their business in the future.
- 62 percent of small business owners say that government regulation is needed to prevent water pollution.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016