Business Owners Want Clean Water Rules
The majority of small business owners favor federal protection of clean water and agree that clean water is necessary for a healthy economy and job creation, according to a national poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).
Key findings from the poll, conducted by Lake Research Partners for ASBC, include:
- 80 percent of small business owners favor federal protection of upstream headwaters and wetlands as proposed in the new Waters of the US clean water rule of the EPA.
- 71 percent of small business owners said that clean water is necessary for jobs and a healthy economy.
- 67 percent of small business owners are concerned that water pollution could hurt their business in the future.
- 62 percent of small business owners say that government regulation is needed to prevent water pollution.
Energy Manager News
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- WGL Extends Energy Management Platform
- Fort Hood Pushing Renewables
- Tire Store Going Solar in Billings
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble