Business Owners Want Clean Water Rules
The majority of small business owners favor federal protection of clean water and agree that clean water is necessary for a healthy economy and job creation, according to a national poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).
Key findings from the poll, conducted by Lake Research Partners for ASBC, include:
- 80 percent of small business owners favor federal protection of upstream headwaters and wetlands as proposed in the new Waters of the US clean water rule of the EPA.
- 71 percent of small business owners said that clean water is necessary for jobs and a healthy economy.
- 67 percent of small business owners are concerned that water pollution could hurt their business in the future.
- 62 percent of small business owners say that government regulation is needed to prevent water pollution.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy