Business Owners Want Clean Water Rules
The majority of small business owners favor federal protection of clean water and agree that clean water is necessary for a healthy economy and job creation, according to a national poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).
Key findings from the poll, conducted by Lake Research Partners for ASBC, include:
- 80 percent of small business owners favor federal protection of upstream headwaters and wetlands as proposed in the new Waters of the US clean water rule of the EPA.
- 71 percent of small business owners said that clean water is necessary for jobs and a healthy economy.
- 67 percent of small business owners are concerned that water pollution could hurt their business in the future.
- 62 percent of small business owners say that government regulation is needed to prevent water pollution.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- 365 Companies Throw Support Behind EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Server Virtualization Requires More Thought for Energy Use
- Cities Should Engage with the Clean Power Plan — Here’s How
- Tips for a Better BAS Investment
- CHP Power Plants with Fuel Cells Offered in Europe
- Only 5% of Small Buildings are Green Buildings
- CHP Integration and Maintenance
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings