Ryder Selects LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Ryder has selected LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru as the primary application for supply chain design and vehicle route optimization throughout the company’s global enterprise.
The commercial transportation company says it selected LLamasoft for its holistic approach to supply chain design, which combines network optimization, inventory optimization, vehicle route optimization and simulation on one platform. This will help Ryder identify near-term cost saving opportunities and test the effects of new network designs before it enacts them, says Tom Kroswek, senior director of supply chain excellence, Ryder Global Supply Chain Services.
Last month Lamasoft and Chainalytics, a supply chain market intelligence firm and consultancy, partnered to integrate Chainalytics’ proprietary Freight Market Intelligence Consortium (FMIC) truckload data with LLamasoft’s and Chainalytics’ mutual North American customers.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing