Ryder Selects LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Ryder has selected LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru as the primary application for supply chain design and vehicle route optimization throughout the company’s global enterprise.
The commercial transportation company says it selected LLamasoft for its holistic approach to supply chain design, which combines network optimization, inventory optimization, vehicle route optimization and simulation on one platform. This will help Ryder identify near-term cost saving opportunities and test the effects of new network designs before it enacts them, says Tom Kroswek, senior director of supply chain excellence, Ryder Global Supply Chain Services.
Last month Lamasoft and Chainalytics, a supply chain market intelligence firm and consultancy, partnered to integrate Chainalytics’ proprietary Freight Market Intelligence Consortium (FMIC) truckload data with LLamasoft’s and Chainalytics’ mutual North American customers.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store