Ryder Selects LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Ryder has selected LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru as the primary application for supply chain design and vehicle route optimization throughout the company’s global enterprise.
The commercial transportation company says it selected LLamasoft for its holistic approach to supply chain design, which combines network optimization, inventory optimization, vehicle route optimization and simulation on one platform. This will help Ryder identify near-term cost saving opportunities and test the effects of new network designs before it enacts them, says Tom Kroswek, senior director of supply chain excellence, Ryder Global Supply Chain Services.
Last month Lamasoft and Chainalytics, a supply chain market intelligence firm and consultancy, partnered to integrate Chainalytics’ proprietary Freight Market Intelligence Consortium (FMIC) truckload data with LLamasoft’s and Chainalytics’ mutual North American customers.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity