Ryder Selects LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru
Ryder has selected LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru as the primary application for supply chain design and vehicle route optimization throughout the company’s global enterprise.
The commercial transportation company says it selected LLamasoft for its holistic approach to supply chain design, which combines network optimization, inventory optimization, vehicle route optimization and simulation on one platform. This will help Ryder identify near-term cost saving opportunities and test the effects of new network designs before it enacts them, says Tom Kroswek, senior director of supply chain excellence, Ryder Global Supply Chain Services.
Last month Lamasoft and Chainalytics, a supply chain market intelligence firm and consultancy, partnered to integrate Chainalytics’ proprietary Freight Market Intelligence Consortium (FMIC) truckload data with LLamasoft’s and Chainalytics’ mutual North American customers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland