Unilever Develops Climate-Friendly Freezer
The next-generation ice cream freezer cabinets are capable of a 70 percent energy reduction, using a 2008 baseline. Once rolled out the new model has the potential to deliver savings equivalent to removing half a million cars from the road network, Unilever says.
The freezer technology falls under the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan vision of doubling the size of the business while reducing environmental impact and follows its efforts to remove the last remaining hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) reliant freezers from use. Since 2004, Unilever has been using a climate-friendly hydrocarbon refrigerant alternative. More recently it has been driving an industry commitment to phase out damaging HFC’s by 2015 through participation in the Consumer Goods Forum.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array