Unilever Develops Climate-Friendly Freezer
The next-generation ice cream freezer cabinets are capable of a 70 percent energy reduction, using a 2008 baseline. Once rolled out the new model has the potential to deliver savings equivalent to removing half a million cars from the road network, Unilever says.
The freezer technology falls under the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan vision of doubling the size of the business while reducing environmental impact and follows its efforts to remove the last remaining hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) reliant freezers from use. Since 2004, Unilever has been using a climate-friendly hydrocarbon refrigerant alternative. More recently it has been driving an industry commitment to phase out damaging HFC’s by 2015 through participation in the Consumer Goods Forum.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat