Tepco Likely to Miss Fukushima Water Cleanup Deadline
When shown calculations by the news agency that put the utility past its March 31, 2015 deadline for filtering the isotope strontium out of stored water, Tepco spokeswoman Mayumi Yoshida said, “We can only say we’ll make efforts to achieve that target.”
Cleanup delays could extend a South Korean ban on Japanese seafood imports and increase calls for an international takeover of the Fukushima cleanup, Bloomberg says.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.