Tepco Likely to Miss Fukushima Water Cleanup Deadline
When shown calculations by the news agency that put the utility past its March 31, 2015 deadline for filtering the isotope strontium out of stored water, Tepco spokeswoman Mayumi Yoshida said, “We can only say we’ll make efforts to achieve that target.”
Cleanup delays could extend a South Korean ban on Japanese seafood imports and increase calls for an international takeover of the Fukushima cleanup, Bloomberg says.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED