Spotlight on Award Winners: Caterpillar Inc. Cat 336E H Hybrid Excavator
Spotlight on Award Winners is a series of articles featuring winners from the 2014 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards. Look for the 2015 Awards call for submissions in early September.
Caterpillar won a Top Product of the Year award for its Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator because of its “genuinely innovative technology” and a quantified payback/ROI estimate that makes it a “sensible investment for even the most financially aggressive company.”
The excavator features hybrid technology that uses durable, field-proven Cat hydraulic components as the foundation along with building blocks that conserve fuel, optimize performance, and reuse energy, helping customers significantly lower operating costs, Caterpillar says.
The 336E H Hybrid uses up to 25% less fuel per hour than the company’s standard 36-ton model without any compromise in performance, according to the company. Assuming today’s fuel prices and a high-production application, Caterpillar estimates customers will recover their incremental hybrid investment in as little as one year, with 18 months typical. Several customers are reporting even greater fuel savings.
Read Caterpillar’s complete award listing here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council