VW’s ‘Holistic Approach’ to Low-Carbon Cars
Volkswagen of America says starting with the launch of the zero-tailpipe emissions 2015 e-Golf model (pictured), it will invest in carbon reduction projects to offset emissions created from e-Golf production, distribution and up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving.
VW also named SunPower as the official solar energy partner power provider, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions as its preferred home-charging and installation services provider, and selected ChargePoint to provide charging stations to VW dealer network and to provide US e-Golf owners access to consumers to more than 18,000 charging stations nationwide.
The company says these initiatives further its “holistic approach to ultra-low-carbon mobility.”
To help determine its carbon offset projects, VW has teamed with 3Degrees, a renewable energy and carbon offset services provider.
VW fell nine places to no. 16 on this year’s Interbrand’s Best Global Green Brands report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management