ISO Publishes Water Footprint Standard
The International Organization for Standardization has published a water footprint standard to help businesses and other organizations measure their potential environmental impact of water use and pollution.
ISO 14046, Environmental management – Water footprint – Principles, requirements and guidelines, is based on a life cycle assessment and can assist in:
- Assessing the magnitude of potential environmental impacts related to water,
- identifying ways to reduce those impacts,
- facilitating water efficiency and optimization of water management at product, process and organizational levels and
- providing scientifically consistent and reliable information for reporting water footprint results that can be tracked over time.
In addition, it includes geographical and temporal dimensions and identifies the quantity of water used and changes in water quality.
Last year building materials firm Cemex developed a methodology to standardize water measurement and management across all of its operations in an attempt to minimize its water footprint and increase efficiency.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant