NRG Invests $0.5bn to Cut Carbon Pollution
The improvements will achieve 56 percent of Illinois’ statewide CO2 reductions called for under President Obama’s proposed carbon pollution standards, the company says.
The Illinois efforts will reduce NRG’s carbon emissions by 16 million tons annually by 2020 and will reduce:
- carbon dioxide by 60 percent;
- sulfur dioxide by 90 percent;
- particulates by 70 percent; and
- mercury by 53 percent.
Photo Credit: coal power plant via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned