NRG Invests $0.5bn to Cut Carbon Pollution
The improvements will achieve 56 percent of Illinois’ statewide CO2 reductions called for under President Obama’s proposed carbon pollution standards, the company says.
The Illinois efforts will reduce NRG’s carbon emissions by 16 million tons annually by 2020 and will reduce:
- carbon dioxide by 60 percent;
- sulfur dioxide by 90 percent;
- particulates by 70 percent; and
- mercury by 53 percent.
Photo Credit: coal power plant via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation