NRG Invests $0.5bn to Cut Carbon Pollution
The improvements will achieve 56 percent of Illinois’ statewide CO2 reductions called for under President Obama’s proposed carbon pollution standards, the company says.
The Illinois efforts will reduce NRG’s carbon emissions by 16 million tons annually by 2020 and will reduce:
- carbon dioxide by 60 percent;
- sulfur dioxide by 90 percent;
- particulates by 70 percent; and
- mercury by 53 percent.
Photo Credit: coal power plant via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT