Learn About Columbia University’s MS in Sustainability Management Program
The Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education developed the Master of Science in Sustainability Management to train and educate sustainability practitioners. The program provides practical training for both full-time and part-time students seeking to further their sustainability careers or to transition to this new field.
The 36-credit curriculum blends general and financial management, quantitative analysis, policy, and sustainability. Students learn from renowned practitioners in fields ranging from environmental law to alternative energy financing, and leading researchers in earth science, engineering and environmental management. Graduates of the program have the skills to analyze environmental problems, craft effective solutions, and manage their implementation.
Students represent a cross-section of the industries and organizations that are incorporating sustainable initiatives into their day-to-day operations. Other students are looking to make a career change. Extensive opportunities for professional development enrich classroom learning: skill-building workshops, access to leading practitioners, career networking, and specialized job search strategies and tools. Upon graduation, students join a formidable alumni network of sustainability professionals who hold positions in large private firms, government agencies, and international organizations.
For those students who are interested in specialized training, 12-credit certifications in professional achievement in Sustainability Analytics and Sustainable Water Management are also offered.
Video sponsor: The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment