3E Company Adds GHS Enhancements to SDS Authoring Platform
With this latest release, customers have access to new features and regulatory updates, including expanded regulatory information to support compliance with the United Nations’ Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) in the Asia Pacific region. This extended functionality will help customers conform to the numerous compliance deadlines looming in the region, 3E says.
MSDgen 6.54 reflects China’s updated GHS standards, which align with the 4th Revised Edition of the UN GHS as well as its new SDS guidance. According to China’s State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS), companies must be in compliance with the updated standards by Nov. 1, or risk the fines and penalties associated with noncompliance.
The revised version includes new rules, SDSs, and templates that align with Malaysia’s GHS “CLASS” regulation and the Industry Code of Practice (ICOP), which aligns with the 3rd Revised Edition of the UN GHS and is required beginning April 17, 2015.
MSDgen 6.54 also incorporates changes to Singapore’s GHS standard.
Other new features include:
- Automatic application of nuances found in an authority’s GHS adaptation to reduce inconsistencies and enhance accuracy.
- The ability to easily use the European Chemical Agency’s (ECHA) Reliability Ratings, as found in Ariel Tox Data, to help determine the lowest Tox Data values to use on the SDS.
- The ability to append component-level Annex documents to document at the mixture level.
- New material import/export functionality to enable the transfer of material data from one MSDgen system to another.
- Increased functionality of MSDgen system-level settings.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid